After the Bucharest Stock Exchage Module for Finance::Quote, I made another module, to retrieve the values of the Romanian Mutual Funds. The data is extracted from the Kmarket website which prooved to be a useful resource.
Here is how you can add this package to your own system:
- Install Perl. If you’re using Linux, you probably already have it. Write perl -v to find out the version you have. If you’re using Windows, ActivePerl or Strawberry Perl should do the trick.
- Install Finance::Quote. GNUCash offers an automated program to do that.
- Make sure GNUCash is not running.
- In Linux, open a root shell and write update-finance-quote. In Windows, go to the start menu and you will find a shortcut to a BAT file called „Install Online Price Retreival”.
- For now, the script is not yet included in Finance::Quote and must be installed separately.
- Download the provided archive and extract it along with the rest of the Perl scripts for Finance::Quote (you will see the download path during the installation). Make sure the Finance folder overwrites the current folder.
- In the Finance folder you will find 2 files named Quotes.pm and Quotes.pm.patch. You can apply the patch by using the command
patch Quotes.pm Quotes.pm.patchOn Windows, just open the Quotes.pm file in Notepad, search for a line that begins with @modules = and add ROFunds to the list of modules.
- Start GNUCash and go the the Tools->Security Editor menu. You will see a window similar to the one on the left side of Fig. 1.
- Click on the Add button. A new window, just like the one on the right side of Fig. 1 will appear. Let’s say that you want to get the stock price for BT Index (a fund from Banca Transilvania Asset Management). You add the following information in that window:
- Full Name: BT Index
- Symbol: BT Index (this is very important, as this is the search criteria – you need to put the full name of the fund, without diacritics, as there are no symbols)
- Type: Funds (or whatever you want)
- Check the Get Online Quotes checkbox. Three new options will be activated.
Choose Type of quote source: Unknown
- From the drop-down choose rofunds.
- Click OK twice and you’re ready to test it.
- Full Name: BT Index
- Go to the Tools->Price Editor menu. You will see the dialog in Fig. 2. Click the Get Quotes button and you should see a new price appearing. You can notice the source is „Finance::Quote” and the price is the correct one for that date. If you wish, you can check it on the K-market website.